Austria Bio Garantie – Austria’s leading inspection body for organic products
We are your partner for certification of organic products in Austria as well as in International destinations!
Austria Bio Garantie GMBH (ABG) was founded in 1993 and the first certification body for organic products in Austria. Our business covers inspection and certification of organic products throughout the whole food chain – ABG is operating on behalf of the food safety authorities. Products certified by ABG are identified by our code number:
Stages of success
- 1994: recognition by the food safety authority of each province in Austria
- 1998: accreditation of the ABG by the Federal Ministry of Economy, Family and Youth (ISO 17065, EN 45011)
- 2003: recognition as certification body of the NOP-directive (National Organic Program – organic standard in USA) –by the American Ministry of Agriculture (USDA) this accreditation is through the equivalence agreements between EU and USA (as of 2012) no longer necessary and was completed in 2013.
- 2012: recognition as an accredited certification body in third countries. (Due to good cooperations this standard is certified by bio.inspecta since 2015)
- 2013: Locations in Romania, Croatia and Bulgaria
- Since 1998: Member of IFOAM (International Federation of Organic Agriculture Movements)
- Today´s: inspection contracts with about 11.500 organic farmers and 1.300 processors; international cooperations with other inspection and certification bodies.
Our goal offering the best services together with about 13.000 contractors covering farmers, processors and trading companies made us the leading Inspection body in Austria. 2 national ABG-offices and 4 international offices comprising 50 employees and about 100 external inspectors provide customer services for all of Austria and foreign countries.
ABG: Non-profit-making association with best services and international contacts
ABG is a non-profit organization attaching great value to best quality and best services. We achieve this by our service department along with our highly-qualified staff and experienced inspectors. Due to simple structures and the conception of a non-profit organization, our clients benefit from the best value of money.
International Top, too!
Cooperations with the leading inspection authorities in Europe and good international contacts make us perfect partners for international trading with organic food.